Chinese Hot Chili Oil.
You can cook Chinese Hot Chili Oil using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Hot Chili Oil
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- It’s 2 cup of peanut oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of raw peanuts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of szechuan peppercorns, whole.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
Chinese Hot Chili Oil instructions
- Place the red pepper flakes, peanuts, and sea salt in a heat resistant container such as a Pyrex measuring cup and set aside..
- Add the peppercorns and peanut oil to a medium sauce pan. Fry the peppercorns over medium heat for 10 minutes. The oil should not be super hot or it will scorch the red pepper flakes. You should just see a steady stream of bubbles coming off of the peppercorns..
- Remove the oil from the heat and let sit for a few minutes and then strain the hot oil onto the pepper flakes and peanuts, removing the black peppercorns. Give it a quick stir and allow to cool..
- Once the oil has cooled, stir in the sesame oil and place in a storage container..
- This chili oil works well with my stirfry mother sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345157-chinese-stirfry-mother-sauce.