Homemade Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage.
You can have Homemade Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 1 lb of Boston butt or pre-ground pork.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of rubbed sage.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of msg (such as accent)(optional).
Homemade Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage instructions
- If you are using a Boston butt, make sure about 15%-20% is fat, or you will have dry sausage. Cut the pork into 1-inch pieces and run them through a grinder with a medium plate. If you are using pre-ground pork, you can skip this step and move on..
- Place the herbs and spices in a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine..
- Add the ground pork to the large bowl. Mix the herbs and spices into the ground pork by hand until it is uniformly distributed..
- Place the sausage into a Ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator for a day or two for the flavors to marry..
- If you are looking for a recipe to try your hot sausage in, check out my southern sausage gravy. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347597-moms-southern-sausage-gravy-for-4everatwins-7-up-biscuits.