Paleo chicken wraps. These paleo chicken lettuce wraps are a great example. The sauce!), and fresh (made from real-food ingredients!), these lettuce wraps are always a BIG hit at our house. Pulse a few times until frothy and blended.
With fresh ingredients and a few simple swaps, you can easily make this family favorite dinner recipe. Chicken and veggies get tossed in a crunchy almond sauce before getting tucked in a tender cabbage wrap. Served with a soy-free dipping sauce, these make-ahead wraps are ready to enjoy in no time! You can cook Paleo chicken wraps using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paleo chicken wraps
- It’s 1 head of bibb lettuce.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
- You need 1 lb of ground chichen.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 of coconut aminos to taste (optional).
- It’s 1 of hot sauce (optional).
As an alternative to traditional grain wraps, this recipe uses napa cabbage to house all your favorite fillings. Roll the lettuce leaves up like a burrito. I've tried other lettuce wrap recipes and hands down, this one comes the closest to PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps. Ground chicken is the way to go.
Paleo chicken wraps instructions
- Separate the lettuce leaves and wash and dry them..
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat, add the onions and sautè for one minute. Add the chicken and cook until it's no longer hunt, about 10 minutes..
- Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce, salt, pepper, and chilli powder..
- Divided the lettuce leaves amomg four servings and spoon the chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf..
- Sprinkle on some coconut aminos and hot sauce. (If desired).
I didn't add the sriracha as I don't like the taste. I tripled the recipe and we had plenty for dinner and leftovers for a few days for the whole family. This had been added to my go-to. Paleo wraps are a healthy trend but the same old wraps can get boring. We need variety in our lunch boxes and at the dinner table.