Spicy Eggplant (Terong Balado) *Vegan. See great recipes for Spicy Eggplant (Terong Balado) *Vegan too! Terong Balado – Eggplants with Chili Sauce How to prepare eggplants for a balado. For terong balado, you want to use Chinese eggplants, which are more slender and have softer skin compared to regular US eggplants.
Skip beef or chicken stock, use mushroom stock for vegetarian/vegan diet. Biasanya terong bulat di bikin lalapan,tapi di tumis sederhana rasanya oke juga Suci Deschatrettes. Balado terong tomat (Balado eggplant tomato). You can cook Spicy Eggplant (Terong Balado) *Vegan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant (Terong Balado) *Vegan
- It’s 500 gr of eggplant.
- It’s 7 of long red chilies.
- Prepare 1 of red onion or 10 shallots.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of beef/chicken/mushroom stock (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
Skip beef or chicken stock, use mushroom stock for vegetarian/vegan diet. Balado is a red hot spicy sauce that you can use to stir fry all kind of food, with prawns, squids, eggs, potatoes and aubergine being the most popular choice. And balado terong is one of famous sambal recipes in Indonesia. #indonesianfood #indonesiansambalrecipe #eattherainbow Put eggplant pieces onto a serving platter. Combine all spice paste ingredients and grind coarsely.
Spicy Eggplant (Terong Balado) *Vegan instructions
- Wash eggplants and tomatoes and dice them, put aside..
- Chop onion or shallots and garlics..
- Pre-heat sauce pan with oil in it, put chopped onion and garlic, stir it until the aroma comes out..
- Add diced tomato, salt, pepper, sugar, and stock, stir it well..
- Add diced eggplant, stir it properly until mix well..
- Cover the sauce pan and wait until the eggplant fully cooked, don't forget to stir it time to time so the bottom part doesnt burn..
- Spicy eggplant is ready to serve with rice or bread..
Other variations are eggplant cooked in coconut milk broth and crispy fried eggplant. So, I think it's safe to say that terong balado or chili sambal eggplant is the most popular eggplant dish in Indonesia. Basically, it consisted of cooked eggplant (Indonesian usually fry it) and chili sambal. It's tangy and spicy., I mean really hot spicy. This dish is not for people with weak constitution.