Asian Dumplings (General). This recipe for Russian meat dumplings, known as pelmeni or peljmeni, is traditionally filled with ground beef, pork, and sometimes lamb, and served with red-wine vinegar, black pepper, and melted butter. Mushroom, sauerkraut, and vegetable fillings exist in other regions of Russia. Pelmeni belong to the family of dumplings, and are related to Ukrainian varenyky and Polish pierogi.
Dumpling is a broad classification for a dish that consists of pieces of dough (made from a variety of starch sources) wrapped around a filling, or of dough with no filling. The dough can be based on bread, flour or potatoes, and may be filled with meat, fish, cheese, vegetables, fruits or sweets. It denotes a set of rules or procedures to be followed in various areas of life. You can cook Asian Dumplings (General) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Dumplings (General)
- It’s 1 lbs of Ground Pork/Chicken /Beef (as long as they aren’t too lean).
- Prepare 2 lbs of Green Leafy Vegetable (like Baby Bok Choy, Napa Cabbage, or Chinese Chives).
- It’s 2 tbs of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 0.45 cup of Shaoxing Wine.
- You need 0.7 tbs of Salt.
- It’s 0.25 tsp of White Pepper.
- It’s 0.3 cup of Oil (optional).
- You need 0.4 cup of Water, plus more for assembly.
- You need 1.5 packages of Dumpling Wrappers.
Mochit' v sortire A colloquial phrase spoken by Vladimir Putin, who at the time was the President of the Russian Federation, in regards to exterminating terrorists whatever the cost. Samoyedstvo The term Samoyedstvo is Russian jargon for a state people fall. In short, they are the Russian version of boiled dumplings. Stuffed with ground beef, chicken or pork, onions and spices, they are a wonderful savory treat.
Asian Dumplings (General) step by step
- Wash your vegetables thoroughly and blanch them in a pot of boiling water. Transfer them to an ice bath to cool. Ring out all the water from the vegetables and chop very finely..
- In a large bowl, stir together the vegetable, meat, wine, oil, sesame oil, salt, soy sauce, white pepper, and ⅔ cup water. Mix for 6-8 minutes, until very well-combined..
- Wrap the dumplings with the dumpling wrappers and place the dumplings on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Make sure the dumplings aren’t sticking together.placing the dumplings on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Make sure the dumplings aren’t sticking together..
- If you’d like to freeze them, wrap the baking sheets tightly with plastic wrap and put the pans in the freezer. Allow them to freeze overnight. You can then take the sheets out of the freezer, transfer the dumplings to Ziploc bags, and throw them back in the freezer for use later..
- To cook the dumplings, boil them or pan-fry them. To boil, simple bring a large pot of water to a boil, drop the dumplings in, and cook until they float to the top and the skins are cooked through, but still slightly al dente..
- To pan-fry, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Place the dumplings in the pan and allow to fry for 2 minutes. Pour a thin layer of water into the pan, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow dumplings to steam until the water has evaporated. Remove the cover, increase heat to medium-high and allow to fry for a few more minutes, until the bottoms of the dumplings are golden brown and crisp..
- Serve with soy sauce, Chinese black vinegar, chili sauce, or other dipping sauce of your choice..
Before you get started on your soup, head over and learn how to make my family's recipe for pelmeni. Adjust the heat as needed to maintain a healthy-but-not-too-vigorous boil. Add the dumplings and give it a few good stirs, making sure none stick to the bottom of the pot. Russia may not be the first to come to mind when you think of a food destination, but the country has plenty of delicious traditional dishes to try. Visitors to Russia are often surprised at the variety and flavors of Russian cuisine, which is influenced by Russia's connection to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.