Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken. Check Out Chinese Sweets On eBay. We Have Almost Everything On eBay. Chinese: 蛋挞 dàn tà /dan taa/ The egg tarts were first introduced to Mainland China via Macau, by Portugese colonizers.
The Best Chinese Sweet Desserts Recipes on Yummly Chinese desserts are sweet foods and dishes that are served with tea, along with meals or at the end of meals in Chinese cuisine. The desserts encompass a wide variety of ingredients commonly used in East Asian cuisines such as powdered or whole glutinous rice, sweet bean pastes, and agar. You can have Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken
- It’s 6 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of White Vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of Five spice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pineapple juice.
- Prepare of Light soy sauce.
- Prepare of Corn Starch.
- It’s of Chicken breast (cut into bite size).
- Prepare of Garlic (minced).
- It’s of Grounded white pepper.
- You need of All purpose flour.
- You need of Spring onions.
- You need of Onions.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
Due to the many Chinese cultures and the long history of China, there are a great variety of desserts of. Sweet and sour is a very popular sauce in Chinese cuisine, with many different ways to make it. This recipe is the style that would be found in a Chinese (Cantonese) restaurant, with a red ketchup base. You can use it for stir-fry pork, chicken, or vegetables.
Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken instructions
- Combine the brown sugar, white vinegar, pineapple juice, light soy sauce, tomato ketchup and five spice. Mix well and let it simmer in low heat..
- Dissolve corn starch in water and pour into the mixture. Continue to stir until sauce thickens. Set aside..
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce and minced garlic. Add flour to the marinated chicken and mix until flour is evenly distributed..
- Deep fry the chicken and set aside..
- Saute onion then add the tomatoes..
- Add the cooked chicken to the pan..
- Pour in the sauce and mix. Add in the spring onions. Let it stay in low heat for another 2 mins..
You can enjoy this sauce as a dipping sauce for egg rolls or fried shrimp. How to make Chinese Sweet Potato Pancakes Hi everyone, hope you enjoy this simple appetizer, which also can be breakfast or a snack. I want to thank all my subscribers and viewers for all your. A delicious dish packed full of flavor and so easy to make. Great for the whole family and can be easily adapted.