Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. This spicy Italian sausage pasta recipe is fast, easy, and uses minimal ingredients. It's the perfect weeknight dinner that tastes like it came from a restaurant!
This Italian sausage pasta sauce is made by browning Italian sausage and then simmering it in a fresh tomato sauce. The intention is that you would use ground Italian pork sausage meat (not sausages in a casing), either hot or mild and cook it the way you would cook ground beef. I'm very excited to share this Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce recipe. You can have Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 jar of tomato sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 of 1/2 white onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of 2 spicy italian sausage.
- Prepare as needed of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need to taste of Fresh basil.
- You need of Pasta of your choice.
It's a traditional recipe from my husband's family. In fact, this recipe was one of the first ones I had with my in-laws at a family dinner party. When I first tried it, I was so impressed by the flavour, texture, and thickness of this sauce. You've seen a simple marinara sauce and a lemony clam sauce, but you have not seen a delicious and simple meat sauce.
Italian sausage pasta w/ tomato sauce instructions
- Boil and cook your pasta (season w salt & olive oil). She’ll pasta my fav, lots of surface area to coat the sauce!!!.
- Heat pan to medium heat, olive oil, garlic and onion to sweat for a minute or two.
- Add the diced sausage (strip away the casing if you don’t like it).
- Pan fry until sausage is cooked – salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour in the jar tomato sauce (more basic flavor the better – like a blank canvas – you should add flavors of your liking).
- Cover on and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in the pasta and splash a few basil leaves on top! Done! If you love cheese shave some in too.
I'm so excited to share with you an Italian Sausage Tomato Pasta Sauce that does not take all day simmering on the stove (although there's nothing wrong with that!). The recipe starts with the standard sautéing of onions and garlic. How to cook Italian Sausage and Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce Cook pasta in liberally salted water per manufacturer's instructions for al dente preparation then drain well. Meanwhile, brown and crumble sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through. I use this sauce to top pasta, polenta, and gnocchi and it can be put together quickly yet tastes delicious.