Clean N' Easy Quinoa Salad. This simple quinoa salad is packed with flavor, texture and beautiful colors (everything I want when I am eating a salad). It makes a delightful meal on it's own and is also a great side dish to some roasted salmon or ginger soy chicken. Want to learn more about quinoa?
Clean N' Easy Quinoa Salad I love experimenting with quinoa. This is a great time to buy the most beautiful produce at the store and then let it shine in this simple, tasty salad. These three super simple quinoa salads are perfect for lunch, dinner or a side dish. You can have Clean N' Easy Quinoa Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Clean N' Easy Quinoa Salad
- You need 2 cup of quinoa (cooked).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped english cucumber.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped red cabbage.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped scallions or green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced celery.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of prepared beans such as black beans (drained and rinsed if using canned beans).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh herb I used parsley this time (use more or less depending on your preference).
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (or more if you like extra spicy).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
I'll show you myAsparagus and Feta Quinoa Salad, Asian Quinoa Salad, and Kale Mango Quinoa Salad ︎SUBSCRIBE. This quick + flavorful salad is truly great, so double the recipe and you'll have tomorrows tasty lunch covered! You can freeze the ingredient of quinoa salad, but not the entire assembled quinoa salad. Quinoa however, is very easy to freeze.
Clean N' Easy Quinoa Salad step by step
- Combine all if the ingredients in a bowl except the lemon juice and oil..
- Whisk together lemon and olive oil. Sprinkle with S&P. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add the dressing to the salad bowl. Toss and serve or chill it for up to 5 days..
- Mix n' match ingredients like swapping chickpeas for beans or adding green and red peppers with feta and olives for a greek take on the salad. Corn, black beans and jalepenos make for a more southwestern style. Play around with your leftovers!!.
After it is cooked, allow it to cool completely. Then, transfer the quinoa into freezer storage bags or meal prep containers. Frozen quinoa will keep well for up to three months. And on top of it all, this detox quinoa salad could not be easier to make. Really, you just toss the main salad ingredients into the bowl – arugula, steamed beets, chickpeas, and quinoa – then whisk up the dressing and toss it all together.