Simple White Bread.
You can cook Simple White Bread using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple White Bread
- You need 1 2/3 cup of lukewarm water, divided.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp. of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp. of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp. of unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature.
- You need 4 cups of flour (+ additional 1/2 cup for rolling out dough, etc.).
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of melted butter (to brush tops of loaves).
Simple White Bread instructions
- In mixer bowl, combine half of the lukewarm water with the active dry yeast and sugar. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes..
- Add remaining water, honey, salt, cubed butter and 4 cups flour..
- Mix in mixer with dough hook attachment on low speed for 5 to 10 minutes or until dough becomes soft and non sticky..
- It is done mixing when it pulls off mixer bowl walls..
- Grease a large glass bowl and place dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in dry warm area for 45 minutes. It should appear to have doubled in size..
- Once it has risen, remove plastic wrap..
- Turn dough out onto clean floured surface and divide equally into 2 halves..
- Using your finger, press dough halves into flattened rectangles. This pushes out air bubbles..
- Roll each tightly into rolls and pinch seams together. Fold over ends under rolls to create loaves..
- Places each loaf into greased bread baking dish..
- Grease top part of plastic wrap to prevent dough from sticking and securely wrap around loaf pans..
- Allow to rise another 45 minutes. They should once again double in size..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking dishes in center of oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown..
- Turn out on cooling rack and brush tops of each with melted butter..
- Allow to completely cool before slicing. Enjoy!.