Cheeseburger Casserole. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat, stirring to break up the lumps, until all of the pink is gone from the meat. Plus, the casserole is more portable than a platter of burgers, so you. Looking for recipes for cheeseburger casserole?
It's a homemade Hamburger Helper – a tastier and much healthier version of the popular boxed pasta! A cheeseburger casserole… now that's not a dish I grew up eating! What the heck is a cheeseburger casserole? You can cook Cheeseburger Casserole using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Casserole
- It’s 2 lbs of Ground Beef or Turkey.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 1 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1 Cup of Ketchup.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of Yellow Mustard.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper.
- You need 2 Cups of Shredded American Cheese.
- Prepare 2 Cans of Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheets.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Seeds.
- You need of Equipment.
- It’s of Large Non-Stick Skillet (or 2 small ones if necessary).
- Prepare 1 (3 Quart) of Glass Baking Dish.
- You need of Whisk (or fork) to beat egg.
- Prepare 1 of Pastry/Basting/Cooking Brush (or fork) to brush egg.
- Prepare of Cutting Board and Knife.
- You need of Non-Stick Spray.
- You need of Spatula.
- You need of Strainer.
- It’s of Optional Variations.
- Prepare of I use spicy ketchup, Whataburger brand.
- You need of Add 1/2 Cup of Chopped Dill Pickles or Chopped Green Chiles.
- You need of Season meat more with Tony Chachere's or whatever else you like.
- You need of Remove bottom layer of crescent dough if you feel it's too much.
- You need 1/2 of ingredients except cheese, egg and seeds for smaller version.
- You need of Sprinkle diced tomatoes on top when it's ready to serve.
Think cheeseburger essential ingredients such as lean ground hamburger meat sauteed with diced tomatoes, onions, a touch of mustard, and some not-so common burger ingredients such as pasta, all topped with melted cheddar and finished. How to make keto cheeseburger casserole. This casserole is a wonderful option if you follow a keto or a low carb diet. You get all the wonderful flavors of a cheeseburger, without the soggy, spongy bun.
Cheeseburger Casserole instructions
- Start to heat oven to 375° F. Begin to brown Ground Meat in Large Skillet, stirring frequently. You will also add the onions (and Green Chiles if you chose) to the meat and cook them down together..
- While the meat and onions are cooking, you may beat the egg in a small bowl. Also unroll one of the Crescent Dough Sheets on the cutting board and cut into six big, even size pieces. Spray the Glass Baking Dish with Non-Stick Spray, then line the bottom of the dish with the dough pieces into one even layer..
- Once meat is cooked thoroughly, turn off burner, drain meat/onions through the strainer and then add it back to the skillet. Stir in the Mustard, Ketchup, Water, Pepper and whatever else you chose to season the meat. (This is also when to add the Chopped Pickles if you chose).
- Spoon the filling mixture into the Glass Baking Dish on top of the first layer of Crescent Dough Sheet and smooth it out into a nice even layer. Sprinkle the Shredded American Cheese evenly on top..
- Unroll the last Crescent Dough Sheet on the cutting board and cut the same six, big even size pieces. Place those pieces on top the cheese forming an even top layer, small gaps are ok..
- Brush the top layer of the Crescent Dough Sheet with the beaten egg to where the whole surface is lightly covered. Take the Sesame Seeds and sprinkle across the whole top layer as the finishing touch..
- Place Glass Baking Dish in middle rack of oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until dough is a nice golden brown. Take out carefully and you're done!.
- I recommend cutting and serving with a wide, flat spatula. French Fries/Tater Tots or Mac N' Cheese have proven to be very good sides for this dish..
Really, who needs a bun anyway? 😉 Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. The basic steps are super easy: This basic low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is very flexible. Try a mix of Monterrey Jack and bleu cheese crumbles with some added mushrooms for an amazing Black and Bleu inspired casserole. Or some jalapenos and pepper jack with some diced tomatoes for some south of the border heat. If there's anything that says grade-A comfort food better than a bacon cheeseburger-inspired bake, we don't know what it is.