Broiled Eggplant Japonaise. Mix the eggplant with the oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix together the minced garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and. Mix the eggplant with the oil and sprinkle with salt.
This is an easy recipe for vegetables and it's so tasty. See great recipes for Brined and Broiled Pork Ribs, Broiled Lobster Tail too! Filter recipes Great recipe for Char Siu Pork Roast. You can have Broiled Eggplant Japonaise using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broiled Eggplant Japonaise
- You need 1 large of eggplant.
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Tabasco sauce.
- You need 1 of salt.
Adapted from CookingLight.com This year, it's eggplant. Baba ghanouj, ratatouille, Roasted Eggplant Spread, Broiled Eggplant Japonaise, and Baked Eggplant With Mushroom-Tomato Sauce have all made my dinner menu lately, to the alternating joy and consternation of my boyfriend. Inexpensive and relatively high in fiber, eggplant is a dieter's dream food. Cook the Book Susan Feniger's Street Food's Romanian Sweet and Sour Eggplant Kate Williams Let skillet heat again until smoking, then add remaining two tablespoons oil and let shimmer.
Broiled Eggplant Japonaise instructions
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut stems off eggplant.
- Cut eggplant into 1/2" thick strips.
- Drizzle oil on cookie sheet.
- Add eggplant strips to cookie sheet.
- Drizzle oil on eggplant.
- Add salt to eggplant as desired.
- Broil eggplant for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip over eggplant and broil for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Mix garlic, soy sauce, sugar, Tabasco sauce into a bowl.
- Toss eggplant into bowl and marinade.
- Serve immediately.
Add tomatoes and a fat pinch of salt, stirring occasionally until softened, juicy, and lightly charred. Toss and cook for one minute, then remove skillet from. Slice your eggplant thinly and into small pieces. Toss eggplant in hot pan (I use a spray oil like Pam) with the sauce mixture. Add a little water to keep the veg moist if necessary.