Simple Broiled Steak. ADDITIONAL ITEMS – Cast Iron Skillet, Spatula or Tongs. We suggest serving steak for mid-week celebrations because they are quick. The only prep work required is a trip to a good butcher.
Here's our step-by-step guide to cooking steaks in your broiler. Broil flank steak, sirloin steak, ribeye steak, or other cuts. Broil steak without cast iron skillet if possible, as accumulated fat close to the heating element can ignite. You can have Simple Broiled Steak using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Broiled Steak
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
Broiled steak is just as delicious as its grilled sibling, and you can make it in your oven using little more than a cast iron skillet. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil, and set the broiler insert on top of the broiler pan if using. Put the steak in a food storage bag or bowl with the marinade ingredients and. When done, transfer to warmed plates.
Simple Broiled Steak step by step
- Set broiler to 500°F fahrenheit. (Convection ovens cook much faster! Take this into account when placing meat in oven or you may be eating charcoal!).
- While the broiler is heating, Take beef (new york strip, ribey, ect.) and rub with Vegetable oil..
- Salt and pepper to taste! Don't be scared of adding too much. Worry more on making the coat even..
- Put a skillet on high on stove top. DO NOT USE NONSTICK. We want it to stick. (I use cast iron – works great) you don't have to add any oil to the pan while it heats. There is enough on the meat already..
- Use the skillet to brown the outside of the steak. (The more dark brown the outside the better the flavor) This creates a lot of smoke! Open windows and turn fans on..
- After the steak is brown and broiler is heated, pop it in the oven on a pan and let it be for 2-3 minuets. IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG FOR A MEDIUM RARE STEAK. If you prefer a more well done steak then let it be in for a few minuets longer, adjusting time accordingly..
Perfectly Juicy Grilled Steak gets marinaded in the best flavor and grilled to juicy perfection! Learn all of the tips and tricks to grill the BEST steak every single time! We love a thick, tender steak in our home! Lemon Garlic Flank Steak, Skillet Garlic Butter Herb Steak and Potatoes, and Steak Foil Packets are a… Broiled Strip steak recipe. It's an easy step and it will make a difference in cooking the steak evenly with more predictable results.