Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup.
You can have Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup
- It’s 2 of lbs. ground Italian Sausage.
- You need 1 of medium onion, quartered and thin sliced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of Potatoes, skin on, diced.
- You need 1 (10 oz.) of pkg frozen chopped spinach.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 qts. of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 qt. of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 3 tsp of cornstarch, if needed to thicken.
Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup instructions
- In large soup pot add the Italian sausage broken into pieces. Cook over medium high heat to start browning and then add in the onion slices. Stir to combine and cook. Add in the minced garlic, stir and cook 1 minute..
- Next add in all the spices, stir to combine..
- Next add in the diced potatoes and chopped spinach. Stir to combine. Add in chicken stock stock. Stir, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are done..
- Last add in heavy cream and adjust seasoning if needed. At this point if not thick enjoy make a slurry with the cornstarch. Enjoy!.