Steamed Molten Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day.
You can cook Steamed Molten Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Molten Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day
- It’s 55 grams of Dark chocolate.
- Prepare 20 grams of Butter.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 30 grams of Pancake mix.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1 of Egg.
Steamed Molten Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day instructions
- Break the dark chocolate roughly into 1 cm pieces and cube the butter. Put both in a heat resistant container and microwave at 600 W for 1 minute to melt..
- This is how the mixture should look when taken out of the microwave..
- Mix the chocolate and butter with a whisk, add the sugar, pancake mix, cocoa powder, and egg and mix again..
- Lightly grease your ramekin (or any other ovenproof dish) with butter (not listed) and pour in the batter..
- Add 200 ml water into a frying pan and bring to the boil. Switch off the heat for a while and add the batter to the pan. (Be careful not to burn yourself.).
- Put the pan on a medium heat and once the water is boiling again, cover with a lid. Turn the heat down to low and steam for approx. 8 minutes..
- Turn the pan to the lowest heat that will allow the water to continue boiling. The required setting will vary depending on the thickness of your frying pan and your heat source..
- Please take precautions to make sure no water can leak into the containers and that there is enough water so that it doesn't boil away during cooking..
- Take the lid off and check the firmness of the cake with your fingers. Insert a toothpick into the center to check that the cakes have cooked through..
- Replace the lid and steam for another few minutes until they are done..
- Take the lid off and leave the cakes to cool. Once the ramekins are cool enough to touch, remove from the pan..
- If you eat the cakes right after they've finished cooking the texture would be melted. After they have cooled, you can heat them up for 20 seconds in a 600 W microwave to get the same meltiness..
- If you alter the cooking time, you'll end up with "Valentine's Rich Steamed Gateau au Chocolat". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149649-steamed-rich-gateau-au-chocolat.
- Making gateau au chocolat in a frying pan. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149658-gateau-au-chocolat-in-a-frying-pan https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146589-gateau-au-chocolat-in-a-frying-pan.
- A microwave version "Gateau au Chocolat in a Silicone Steamer". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149640-gateau-au-chocolat-in-a-silicone-steamer.