Tortilla- Paleo. Get Tortillas Paleo today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. For the best low carb paleo tortillas, please see additional preparation and troubleshooting tips in the post above! A variation with optional gelatin is an option for more pliable, sturdy tortillas.
Make these soft gluten free blender by blending almond flour, tapioca flour, oil, and milk. Pour batter onto a skillet and out comes the most beautiful and tasty grain free tortillas, perfect for taco night or a breakfast burrito! Flip the tortilla onto the hot pan so that the parchment paper is on top. You can cook Tortilla- Paleo using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortilla- Paleo
- Prepare 3 of Egg.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut milk full fat.
- Prepare 1 3/4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Tapioca flour.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Coconut flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sea salt.
Carefully peel off the parchment and discard. Store the tortillas in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Grain free tortillas are easy to make with a few simple ingredients and a pan. No grains, gluten, dairy, or nuts, and there is an egg free /vegan adaptation option in the recipe notes.
Tortilla- Paleo instructions
- In a mixing bowl, combine the above wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients together (salt and flours).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Season your pan with olive oil (we used a 10" non-stick pan).
- Heat pan on medium to medium-low heat Pour 1/3 cup of batter into center of pan to form about a 6" circle Cook for 2-3 minutes until tortilla is lightly browned on the bottom.
- Flip and cook about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on the opposite side until browned. Place tortillas on a paper towel-lined plate.
These grain free tortillas truly are for everyone! Now you can have tacos again! Even though traditional tortillas use corn instead of wheat, corn is still a grain (not a vegetable) – and many varieties of corn you find now are full of GMO, so those of us trying to live a Paleo lifestyle tend to avoid it. Instead of corn, the base of this tortilla recipe consists mostly of tapioca flour, with a little coconut flour. Note that these paleo tortillas are not low carb, so if that's important to you, try coconut flour tortillas instead.