Low carb stuffed peppers. I've been looking for ways to use up our ground venison burger. My husband enjoys hunting and the start of the season is less You'd never know these low carb stuffed peppers were made with venison instead of beef. Adding tomatoes is one way to hide any gamey taste.
Pour reserved tomato liquid in a baking dish and place peppers in dish. Top each stuffed pepper with about a tablespoon of pizza sauce. Enjoy these traditional savory stuffed peppers without all the extra carbohydrates! You can cook Low carb stuffed peppers using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low carb stuffed peppers
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 head of cauliflower, cooked and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 T of dried basil.
- It’s 2 t of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 3 cups of marinara sauce.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
You can use any kind of ground sausage, hot or mild, your choice. Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Turkey Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, and Mozzarella from Kalyn's Kitchen are a favorite that's been really popular on Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Southwestern Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Poblanos from Kalyn's Kitchen have lots of delicious southwestern flavors in. How to make Low Carb Mexican Stuffed Peppers. Low carb stuffed peppers recipe with beef, pork, walnuts, and cheese.
Low carb stuffed peppers instructions
- Cut peppers in half and remove stem and seeds. Blanch in boiling salted water until SLIGHTLY softened. Do not overcook..
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent..
- Combine onion mixture, tomatoes, cauliflower, seasonings, egg and 1/2 cup cheese with ground beef or turkey and combine well..
- Stuff blanched peepers with meat mixture.
- Put 1/2 marinara in bottom of large baking dish. Arrange stuffed peppers on top and top with remaining sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and bake at 375F until internal temp is 155F aprox 1 hour.
- Remove covers and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted..
These peppers are baked in tomato sauce and make the ultimate keto meal. Healthy stuffed peppers are a simple way to get dinner on the table! I skipped the rice and filled these peppers with a cheesy spinach artichoke dip mixture. To keep these low carb, you'll skip the rice that usually hides out inside stuffed peppers. Instead, we're going to do a spinach artichoke chicken.