Sour Eggplant Hot Sauce (SAMBAL TERONG ASAM). Sambal Eggplant – Aubergine or Brinjal with Malaysian sambal. This eggplant recipe is spicy and so delicious. Serve with steamed rice for a complete meal.
Sambal Terong, original, Indonesian, cooking recipe, step-by-step. Tipps : Prepare the sambal at first then proceed with Aubergine. The peeled aubergine will turn brownish if let it stay too long uncooked. You can cook Sour Eggplant Hot Sauce (SAMBAL TERONG ASAM) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sour Eggplant Hot Sauce (SAMBAL TERONG ASAM)
- You need 250 gr of shrimp, peel and slice back.
- You need 1 of (± 150 gr) sour eggplant.
- Prepare 7 pcs of cayenne peppers (to taste).
- It’s 1 pc of small, red onion.
- Prepare of Grilled shrimp paste.
- It’s to taste of Sugar and salt.
Sambal Terong Balado (eggplant with Balado style sambal). Place in a blender with remaining spice paste ingredients Spoon sauce in center of a serving plate, arrange eggplant pcs on top, and garnish with whole basil leaves. Tenggiri Served with Balinese Raw Sambal or Lombok-Style Chilli Paste or Betawi-Style Hot & Sour Sauce. Fried Tofu And Eggplant Cooked In Yellow Curry Sauce.
Sour Eggplant Hot Sauce (SAMBAL TERONG ASAM) instructions
- Fried shrimp until cooked, drain. Peel sour eggplant and wash, then cut into small pieces..
- Puree chili then add eggplant slices and sour shrimp paste. Add the sugar and salt, stirring until well blended..
- Serve sambal/hot sauce with shrimp..
- NOTE : Sour Eggplant ((Solaum ferox Linn).
This sambal eggplants was cooked using that technique. The eggplants were cut, flash fried then drained on paper towels. The ingredients for the sambal were ground to a paste then sautéed until the paste separated from the oil. Eggplants are pressured cooked until soft and then smothered in addictingly spicy sambal chili. A much healthier, delicious take than A much healthier, delicious take than deep-fried eggplants.