Zucchini Fritters – Paleo. These savory bacon zucchini fritters are easy to make, packed with veggies and downright addicting! They're delicious served as a side dish or appetizer with homemade ranch dip. Like the paleo cauliflower tots, both the olive oil and the almond flour helps give these paleo baked zucchini fritters some CRUNCH and also adds a LOT of yummy flavor that's gonna make your taste buds NOT EVEN BELIEVE you when you tell them they're eating vegetables.
And since this is a Paleo recipe, you already know that we do something different with our fritters. Instead of wheat flour, these fritters are packed with zucchini and carrots. These easy, crispy zucchini cauliflower fritters are your meat-free and veggie burger alternative! You can cook Zucchini Fritters – Paleo using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Fritters – Paleo
- You need 5 medium of Zucchini.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut flour.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of as needed Coconut oil.
They need just four ingredients, minus the spices! Although as I looked I started finding several recipes for zucchini fritters which were pretty much the exact same thing just with a different name.. Combine zucchini with onion, basil, sea salt, and nutritional yeast. Spicy and packed with flavor, these zucchini fritters are sure to get you rave reviews in the kitchen.
Zucchini Fritters – Paleo step by step
- Shred the zucchini using a box grater or a food processor fitted with a shredding blade. Put the shredded zucchini in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and toss well. Walk away for 10 minutes.
- Now it’s time to squeeze all the moisture out of the zucchini (nobody likes soggy fritters). Note: if you’re really salt sensitive, you may want to rinse the zucchini with water, then squeeze it out. Scoop up a generous handful of the zucchini and squeeze the living daylights out of them into a sink or bowl. You want them dry. Place in a different bowl..
- Add the coconut flour, egg, peppers, and baking soda. Stir to combine..
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Melt a large spoonful of ghee or coconut oil in the pan. Pack a 1/4 cup measuring cup with the zucchini mixture, pressing it down inside the cup. Turn the cup out onto the pan and flatten the zucchini until you get a patty. You can also use a disher or just eyeball it. I fit about 4 – 5 in a large skillet at one time..
- Cook each side for 3 – 5 minutes or until nicely browned. Repeat until you‘ve used up all the zucchini mixture. Be sure to add more ghee or coconut oil to the pan each time you start a new batch..
- Cool on a cooling rack so they don’t get soggy..
You can make these ahead for your lunch box or even for a quick breakfast. Or you can save them for dinner and use them as a fantastic side dish for a Paleo dinner with friends and family. Savory Zucchini Fritters are a tasty and easy way to put a dent in your zucchini supply. They're crispy, flavorful and quick to make. These zucchini fritters are the perfect healthy alternative to having a burger and they taste amazing!