Simply Spiced White Rice. Why should I do a whole post on cooking white rice, when I have a primer on how to make perfect white rice here ? This spicy rice cake dish is enormously popular as a street food and also often enjoyed at home. Fry the mixture in a pot with a few tablespoons of oil, stirring.
There are several keys to cooking perfect rice. Bring water to a boil in a pan, add salt and oil. Carefully pour the boiled water,little by little into the bowl with rice flour. You can have Simply Spiced White Rice using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simply Spiced White Rice
- It’s 200 g of rice.
- It’s 400 ml of water.
- You need 2/3 tea spoon of salt.
- You need 1 tea spoon of chicken soup powder.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s pinch of black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp. of cooking oil (Canola seems to work best).
With a spoon keep stirring and mixing the ingredients well. Now go about whatever other dinner prep you have to do without worrying about burning or boiling over. There has to be some creative ways to flavor otherwise boring steamed white rice. Jasmine, basmati, uncle ben's, minute rice. it doesn't matter.
Simply Spiced White Rice step by step
- Boil the water in a kettle. While it's heating up, continue with the next steps.
- Wash and strain the rice. It's important to "knead" the rice a bit so the water that comes off of it is clearer..
- Mix the powders in a cup or measuring cup. Try to break up large chunks if any exist..
- Pour the oil into the cooking pot intended for the rice. Begin heating on a medium-high flame..
- Add boiling water to the mixed powders, and mix well..
- Add the rice to the pot, and mix it for 1-2 minutes, taking care not to let the rice stick to the sides or bunch up in chunks..
- Add the water and powder mixture to the pot, mix for a few seconds, then place a lid over it and wait for the water to boil..
- Once the water has boiled, lower the heat to a low flame, and let it sit for ~30 minutes..
- Rice is done!.
I'd like some ideas on how to liven up this starch and have it look appealing on the plate and tasty on the palate. When the rice is soaking, rinse and then chop the veggies. You can choose to chop the veggies finely or slice them in thin sticks or strips. For the rice: Melt the butter over medium heat in a large Dutch oven. Add the rice and stir to coat.