Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya. Jambalaya is a hallmark of the Creole cuisine. It is a versatile dish that combines cooked rice with a variety of ingredients that can include tomatoes, onion, green peppers and almost any kind of meat, poultry or shellfish. The dish varies widely from cook to cook.
Be sure to keep this recipe in mind if you have leftover turkey. And if you don't have leftover turkey, just use chicken instead. I'm always looking for easy and healthy instant pot recipes for my busy family, and this Instant Pot Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya fits the bill! You can cook Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 75 g of Hickory Smoked Turkey.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 400 g of can plum tomato.
- It’s of Rice and Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 250 g of long grain rice.
- Prepare 500 ml of water for the rice.
- You need 1 pack of Chicken Stock.
- You need 350 ml of water for the stock.
This easy jambalaya recipe is made with andouille sausage, chicken, uncooked rice, bell pepper, onion, celery and spices, all cooked together in just one pan, for a simple and flavorful meal that my entire family enjoys. Here, this delicious Jambalaya recipe is loaded with flavor thanks to a hit of Cajun seasoning and Andouille sausage. Andouille, a smoky, garlicky pork sausage, adds depth, but you can use any flavorful chicken or pork sausage. Jambalaya Recipe – Easy, tasty, one pot recipe for Jambalaya prepared with rice, chicken, shrimp, and sausages.
Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya step by step
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Leave the rice in 500 ml of water to soak up for the time being..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan with a lid and cook 2 chopped chicken breasts for 5-8 mins or until it's golden..
- Remove and set aside. Tip in the 1 diced / sliced onion and cook for 3-4 min or until soft.
- Once the onion is soften, add one thinly sliced red pepper, two crushed garlic cloves, 75g sliced turkey and one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes more..
- Mix the chicken stock cubed with the 350ml of boiling water.
- Stir the chicken back in with the 400g can of tomatoes..
- Drain the water out of the rice and add it to the mix.
- Then add the chicke stock once it's fully dissolved.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!.
Removed chicken after browning, browned jalepeno sausage and drained fat off then added veggies and sauteed. Didn't need hot sauce (probably b/c of jalapeno sausage); was delicious;-). Turn off the heat Add the shrimp and parsley, stirring to combine. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Smart Balance buttery spread SoulfulT How To Make Sausage And Chicken Jambalaya SoulfulT..