The ultimate cornbread. Ultimate Cornbread is incredibly EASY to make, made with cornmeal, flour, and sugar. In our kitchen, we know that the perfect bread dish is almost as important as the main course itself, and this cornbread is the PERFECT side to Classic Beef Chili, Slow Cooker Beef Chili and Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Perhaps a little obvious, but don't expect this grain free cornbread to taste like corn (because well, no corn!).
The Best Sweet Cornbread – soft, tender moist cornbread recipe that's sweet just like I like it. Reminds me of Marie Calendar's cornbread. If you need a sweet cornbread to pair with chilis or soups, this is the recipe you need. You can have The ultimate cornbread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The ultimate cornbread
- You need 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of melted butter or vegetable oil.
Cornbread pudding is both a corn pudding and spoon bread, so it's sure to please. The recipe balances out the two favorite Southern side dishes, resulting in a dish that's neither too heavy nor too light. Perfect for holiday dinners or an average weeknight, it's almost effortless to make, too. These cornbread muffins are really moist and tender, and they're perfect for serving alongside chili, stew, or even summertime BBQs!
The ultimate cornbread instructions
- Gather all your ingredients together as preheat the oven to 350f/ 180c.
- Mix the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking Soda, and salt in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, melted butter, buttermilk whisk well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and make a thick paste Put into a baking loaf.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in the center of the oven till toothpick comes out clean Best served on same day.
I actually prefer mine chilled, but the rest of my family loves them warm with a little bit of butter and drizzle of honey. For the base of this healthy cornbread, you'll use a combination of cornmeal and white whole wheat flour. White whole wheat flour is made by finely grinding a special type of soft white wheat, which has a lighter taste and texture very similar to that of all-purpose flour. This gives your cornbread the perfect tender texture, while still letting the comforting corn flavor shine! What You'll Need To Make Cornbread Muffins.