Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad. This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)Summer is one of the easiest times of year for low carb recipes. Between fresh grilled meats, juicy burgers (either bunless or on low carb hamburger buns), and simple salads (like a creamy cucumber salad for a side or a healthy taco salad as a meal), there are many delicious options to choose from. This Mock Potato Salad is Low Carb, Keto, gluten free, paleo and made with cauliflower and a tasty dressing that is as close to traditional potato salad as you can get!
As you likely know, cauliflower is a super successful potato swap in many low-carb recipes. It has a versatile, mild flavor that blends beautifully with other recipe ingredients. With this in mind, I whipped up a batch of cauliflower "potato" salad. You can have Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad
- Prepare 4 cups of mashed cauliflower.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 stalks of diced celery.
- Prepare 3 of large boiled eggs diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced dill pickles.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced green olives.
- You need 2/3 cup of real mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of yellow mustard.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Cauliflower mock potato salad has all the flavors of traditional potato salad but without all the carbs! Perfect side dish for summer barbecues or any meal of the year. Even real potato salad lovers are going to enjoy this healthier swap. My husband was reluctantly surprised at the flavor of this dish.
Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad instructions
- Steam or boil 1 to 1 1/2 heads of fresh cauliflower. Cool down. Rice it with food processor. Place in microwaveable dish and cook on high in microwave 8-10 minutes until soft. Cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add diced eggs, onions, celery, pickles, and olives. Stir to mix thoroughly..
- Add cauliflower to vegetables and egg mixture. Add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and all spices to the bowl. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Chill at least 2 hours prior to serving. Enjoy..
This cauliflower potato salad is a great low carb alternative to a classic potato salad. The texture of the cauliflower is just a bit different from potatoes, but the flavor is spot on! Spread the cauliflower florets in a single layer across a rimmed baking sheet. Add cut cauliflower, then sprinkle with salt. Cover and bring to full boil again.