Voodoo Pasta. Stir in Alfredo sauce, parsley and hot sauce to taste; heat through. Being with a Southerner means that when Mardi Gras comes around, it's impossible not to get in the spirit. So I felt like tasting it too..
We make this at least once a week, it's that good! The recipe is very flexible, try substituting chicken or shrimp for the sausage! Everytime we make this for company, they beg for the recipe! You can have Voodoo Pasta using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Voodoo Pasta
- It’s 2 packages (13 ounce) of andouille sausages, cut into coins.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 2 jars (15 ounce) of Alfredo pasta sauce.
- You need 1 box of your favorite pasta (16 ounce).
- Prepare of Salt for boiling water.
This is a spicy, Cajun pasta. You can make it more spicy if you dare. Serve with garlic bread and a salad. The Voodoo pasta will still be there, but there will be changes in the cheese blend at the heart of the sauce. "The new sauce should be smoother, a little less gritty," Tuulaupua said.
Voodoo Pasta step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pan…….
- Place your andouille sausages,onion and green pepper into pan, sauté for several minutes then add in your minced garlic, sauté for several more minutes…..
- Now add your Cajun seasoning, black pepper and crushed red pepper, sauté for several more minutes…….
- Next add to sausages your Alfredo pasta sauce, mix all well…….Keep on low heat while stirring occasionally……..
- Boil your pasta until al dente, don’t forget to salt your water ! Drain well then add to sausages in pot…..Mix all well…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Tarek Shehadeh with Bar Louie makes Voodoo Chicken topped with Voodoo sauce. In addition, Tarek shows how to make a Pineapple Express Sangria. Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil. If you like Cajun/Creole flavor, this recipe is for you!