Hot and spicy Indian scrambled egg chutney. View the recipe and nutrition for Hot and spicy Indian scrambled egg chutney, including calories, carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, and more. Tomatoes, onion, and fragrant spices transform plain scrambled eggs into a wonderfully flavorful meal, in a matter of minutes. Anda Bhurji can be found at highway rest stops and street food stalls across India, served in to-go containers alongside slices of white bread.
I don't always have chillies on hand, so I leave them out – all this means is that the eggs will be slightly less spicy, but will still taste really nice. Fold in the cilantro and serve with roti or toast. He we present Indian street food "SCRAMBLED EGG". You can cook Hot and spicy Indian scrambled egg chutney using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot and spicy Indian scrambled egg chutney
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 8 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger and garlic.
- Prepare 3 tsp of masala or chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric (optional).
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil or enough to cover the bottom of a pan.
Add the salt, pepper and hot sauce and whisk until well combined. Heat a nonstick skillet (cast iron if you have it) on low heat, and add the butter. Eggs are a staple in Indian cuisine, and are usually paired with onions, tomatoes, and spices for quintessentially Indian-style dishes. Egg bhurji is usually served with buttered roti as part of a hot breakfast at home, or in fresh "pav," Indian-style bread rolls, which are usually paired with hot, sweet.
Hot and spicy Indian scrambled egg chutney step by step
- Heat oil in pan and sauté the chopped onion.
- Then add ground ginger and garlic, as well as turmeric.
- Once translucent, add the masala /chilli powder and stir to avoid sticking.
- Add the grated tomatoes and sliced chillies as well as salt to taste. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes..
- Then crack the eggs into the gravy one by one..
- After a minute or two, when the eggs just begin to turn white, stir with a large spoon and make sure to stir well so that the eggs scramble.
- Keep stirring slowly until the eggs are cooked and set. You can take it off the heat sooner if you prefer your eggs more mushy and less set..
- Serve with fresh bread, rolls, or warm roti..
Add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk together with a fork till everything is combined. Egg Bhurji Muttai podimas – Easy and quick spicy Indian style scrambled eggs. Add in the asafoetida (optional) , salt, pepper powder and turmeric. Turmeric gives the scrambled eggs a bright yellow color. Indian masala scrambled eggs. spicy scrambled egg recipe is an upgrade to plain scrambled egg recipe.