Hot Italian Ragu.
You can have Hot Italian Ragu using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot Italian Ragu
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced white mushrooms chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of fine diced carrots.
- It’s of Small to medium onion fine chopped.
- Prepare 4 of large garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 oz of pack of fresh basil fine chopped.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 lb of hot Italian sausage.
- You need 35 oz of can cento Italian peeled tomatoes with basil.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare of White balsamic vinegar.
- You need of Salt,pepper and sugar.
Hot Italian Ragu step by step
- Add butter to a heavy bottom cast iron pot until melted and then add the onion, mushrooms, carrots, couple pinches of salt and some pepper and sauté until soft..
- Then add the garlic and a splash of the vinegar and continue cook until all is caramelized (this takes time and you don’t want the mix to stick so watch your heat and take your time).
- Once caramelized add the sausage and continue to fold the mix together while constantly breaking the sausage up and cooked through.
- Hand crush the tomatoes into the pot and add the residual sauce in the can. Add two healthy tbsp of tomatoes paste, the basil and season with pinches of salt and then sugar to balance the acidity..
- Bring to a simmer, cover and lower the heat and cook for about 45 minutes. Check seasoning and then cook for an additional 30 uncovered and serve with whatever pasta you prefer with it, here I did cheese tortellini..