You can have Veggie Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veggie Lasagna
- You need of For the Red Sauce.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 6 of garlic pods.
- You need 2 of celery sticks.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of bellpepper.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3-4 of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 500 g of pasta sauce.
- Prepare of Dried oregano.
- Prepare of Chili flakes.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Sugar (optional).
- It’s of For the Bechamel Sauce.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Assembly.
- Prepare 1 box of lasagna sheets.
- Prepare 2 cups of Shredded cheese.
Veggie Lasagna instructions
- Start with making the white sauce so that there’s enough time for it to cool down. Melt butter in a pan, add the flour in and stir well to incorporate all the butter into the flour. On medium high heat roast the flour a little until cooked..
- Take the pan off the heat and add milk while continuously whisking the mixture to avoid lumps. Put it back on the heat so that milk boils and the sauce thickens. Add more milk to adjust the consistency and season with salt and pepper. Once ready, set aside to cool..
- For the red sauce, dice all the veggies. Sauté garlic on olive oil, add in the veggies and sauté well. Leave the veggies a little crunchy. Add dried herbs, fresh basil, salt and pepper..
- Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 15 mins with lid on. If still tangy, add a little sugar and fry on medium high heat. If the sauce looks dry add a little water to adjust the consistency, although it should not be very watery..
- Assembly! Grease a baking pan with olive oil. Add a layer of red sauce followed by white sauce and line with lasagna sheets. Then repeat until the pan is filled. Finally, at the top layer put the remaining white sauce and finish with lots of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese..
- Make sure the cheese sticks to the corner of the pan for a crust to be formed. Top with dried herbs, pepper and fresh basil leaves or black olives or the garnish of your choice..
- To bake: preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius, cover the assembled lasagna with aluminium foil and bake for 25 mins. Then remove the foil and broil for another 10 mins until the cheese is brown and crusty. Bon apetite!.