Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches. Great recipe for Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches. Traditionally, these sandwiches are served on a sturdy, crispy topped bun with thin – yet juicy grilled slices of garlic pounded sirloin between them. They're also grilled in oil and white or red wine.
Mustard and hot sauce are usually the only condiments served on this sandwich. Delicious and succulent, these Portuguese prego rolls are made with juicy steak grilled in a flavorsome marinade served on a fresh bread roll. If you've never had a Prego roll before, get ready. You can cook Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches
- Prepare of Prego Sandwiches.
- Prepare 2 of 2 oz Sirloin Steaks [1/4" – 3/8" thin cut].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [rough chop].
- Prepare of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Sea Salt.
- Prepare dash of Quality Olive Oil.
- It’s dash of Quality White Wine.
- You need of Bread & Condiments.
- It’s 2 large of Sturdy Bread Buns [crusty topped preferred or french].
- Prepare of Yellow Mustard.
- You need of Hot Sauce.
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 small of Frying Pan [with tight fitting lid].
- You need 1 of Mallet.
- You need 1 of Ziplock Bag.
- You need of Options.
- You need of Grilled Onions.
Because this is the good shizz. Portuguese Garlic Steak Sandwiches (prego No Pao) Recipe by EdsGirlAngie. These steaks flavored with onions and red wine are called garlic "nailed" steaks because a small meat mallet is typically used to "nail" the garlic slices into the steak. If you like drama, go for it, but I usually just push the garlic in with my finger – it doesn't.
Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches step by step
- Cut your sirloin in two and salt and pepper to taste. Trim any fat..
- Using your mallet – pound your meat until it thins out a bit. Reverse, season again and pound..
- Chop garlic and pound it into your meat. Reverse and do the same..
- Fry / steam 1 minute on each side with a small dash of olive oil, a quality white wine and a tight lid..
- Slice and dress bread with mustard..
- Serve hot..
Heat a griddle or frying pan to high. Brush away the garlic and parsley stalks from the steaks and season well. If you haven't discovered the versatility behind minute steaks, let me be the one to shed some light. This modest cut of meat is budget friendly, easy to cook and can be transformed in many delicious delights. Like these Minute Steak Prego Rolls.