Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub. Coffee is like fruit and acts as a tenderizer. For this recipe, the ground coffee I use is Door County Coffee. Their maple flavor coffee is an awesome addition to the coffee rub.
It's everything you want in a good smoked brisket – intense, smoky flavor combined with a deep, earthy kick from the delicious coffee rub. If given the chance, I'd eat brisket for dinner every day. Place the brisket, fat cap up, in the middle of aluminum foil prepared in the roasting pan. You can cook Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub
- It’s 3 1/2 lb of beef brisket.
- You need 3 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 3 cup of brewed black coffee.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire.
- You need 1 medium of jalapeño.
- You need 1 large of white or yellow onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of rub.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ground chipotle.
- It’s 1/3 cup of ground coffee.
- You need 1/4 cup of black pepper.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
Bring the aluminum foil together and close it, covering the brisket loosely, leaving a little space between the brisket and the foil. Remove the brisket and carve it into thick slices. Serve with a healthy spoonful of charred herb salsa on top. *Tip: After cooking the brisket, reduce the cooking liquid to a sauce. Strain it first, then add a glass of your favourite red before cooking it down.
Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub step by step
- preheat oven to 300.
- cut onion into skinny strips, mince garlic, and slice jalapeños.
- heat oil in skillet on stove, add half garlic.
- mix chipotle, coffee, pepper, and salt and rub over brisket. cook brisket in skillet 4-5 minutes per side.
- remove brisket, re rub with brown sugar. layer onions and jalapeño slices on bottom of oven safe 13" by 9" pan. place brisket on top. mix the beef broth and Worcestershire with the remainder of rub, brown sugar and garlic. pour over top of brisket. pour coffee into pan until liquid reaches hallway up on the brisket. put some of the onions and jalapeños on top of brisket.
- cover pan with tin foil and place on middle rack in oven. cook for 3 1/2 hrs, flipping brisket over ( recovering with onions and jalapeños) half way through..
- remove brisket and let sit for 25- 30 minutes. drain remainder of pan into colander and shake rub remnants and liquid off of the onion and jalapeño mix. use as garnish for brisket.
See great recipes for Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub too! Inject the brisket every square inch or so with the coffee rub mixture. Season the exterior of the brisket with remaining rub and remaining salt. Texas Style Oven Brisket Recipe: A simple smokey brisket recipe with a zesty dry rub, that can be made in the oven, instead of a smoker. Today, I have a Beef Brisket Recipe to share with you all.