hubby's tri tip. ( Dutch oven style). hubby's tri tip. ( Dutch oven style) moist and tender, make a tri tip sandwich or serve a baked potato. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Season the roast lightly with salt and pepper.
Flip tri-tip and pop it in the oven. Here is my version of Dutch oven Tri-Tip! You will appreciate this version with its overnight seasoning, seared crust and onion base. You can cook hubby's tri tip. ( Dutch oven style) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of hubby's tri tip. ( Dutch oven style)
- It’s 1 packages of a decent size of tri tip. ours was on the smaller side..
- It’s 1 large of onion chopped.
- It’s 3 tsp of salt rubbed on each side.
- You need 3 tsp of fresh ground pepper rubbed on each side.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of garlic clove chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
Flavorful, succulent, oven-roasted Santa Maria-style tri tip roast is a southern California barbeque favorite. Flavorful, succulent, oven-roasted Santa Maria-style tri tip roast is a southern California barbeque favorite.. I seared in a Dutch oven and transferred straight to oven. Also through in some mushrooms and butter.
hubby's tri tip. ( Dutch oven style) instructions
- heat Dutch oven up. add olive oil.
- meanwhile rub meat both sides with dry ingredients..
- sear both sides in Dutch oven. ( Browning both sides).
- heat oven 350.
- chop onion & garlic.
- add in chicken stock and onion and garlic to Dutch oven. cover with lid. let finish cooking about 45- 50 min in oven..
- flip if desired. we flipped ours about half way.
In a medium Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-high heat. I made a reduction out of the pan drippings and leftover marinade which turned out simply divine. Served with mashed potatoes it was a great combination. I tried the Tri-Tip (grilled or oven-roasted) recipe. Although it's fairly lean, it's marbling contributes to it's moist and tender texture.