Oven cooked bourbon beef roast. In either case, you will have a fork-tender roast packed with great flavor. So, you ready… Let's get into the kitchen. If using a dutch oven, add the roast back in on top of the veggies.
Turn the roast over halfway during the baking process. Which Roast Beef Cut is Best for an Oven Roast? Choosing a cut of meat can seem confusing, but it doesn't have to be. You can have Oven cooked bourbon beef roast using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven cooked bourbon beef roast
- It’s 3 1/2 lb of beef roast (i used a chuck roast, but a more expensive cut will work too).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of bourbon (or i used jack….).
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 large of onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
Chuck roasts are usually cheaper cuts of beef with more fat marbleing. They're usually not as tender unless you work your magic when cooking it! See great recipes for Oven cooked bourbon beef roast too! Heat shortening in skillet and brown meat on all sides.
Oven cooked bourbon beef roast step by step
- preheat oven to 185, place a rack on the center and a rack under it).
- mix together glaze ingredients.
- place empty pan on lower rack.
- glaze less fatty side and place it directly on the uppermost rack, then glaze the top.
- glaze every 15 minutes until you have no more glaze left (this took about 5 hours for me).
- at this point, the run off should be thickening to in the pan below. use this thick glaze for the remainder if the cook time. glaze once more then flip the beef, continue glazing every 15-25 minutes until beef is done (internal temp of at least 145) this for me took about 10 1/2 hours.
- once beef is cooked through, remove, glazing a final time all over, then let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Combine all ingredients in cooker and add browned meat. Make it a one pot meal: Turn this Oven Baked Chuck Roast Recipe into a one pot meal. Adding veggies and potatoes to the skillet will turn it into a complete one pot meal and makes for an easy clean-up. Also, check out my Dutch Oven Beef Stew made with fork-tender chuck roast and made in one pot. Honey n' Brown Sugar Bourbon Beef.