Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork. Pulled pork, usually shoulder cut (sometimes referred to as mixed cuts, is commonly slow-cooked by a smoking method, though a non-barbecue method might also be employed using a slow cooker or a domestic oven. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder.
I made this multiple times during the holiday season for parties and dinners and it was a hit every time. Most simple pulled pork recipes involve dumping a pork shoulder into a slow cooker, adding some bottled barbecue sauce and stock, and letting it cook until the pork falls apart. There were two simple and obvious upgrades that could be made to this method. You can cook Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork
- Prepare 10 lb of pork shoulder (bone in works perfect).
- It’s 4 of medium jalapeños.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 18 oz of bottle bbq sauce (you can use more, but this amount ensures that the sauce doesn't over power the meat).
- You need 1/2 cup of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of dr pepper.
- You need of rub.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chipotle powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mustard powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
First was to ditch the slow cooker and use a Dutch oven placed in the oven instead. Pulled pork is perfect for the slow cooker. Cooking the pork low and very slow is the secret to the juiciest and most tender pulled pork. Serve the pork as is or feel free to stir in your favorite barbecue or other sauces at the end of cooking.
Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork instructions
- Trim fat off pork, run under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix rub ingredients and pat into meat. store extra in a cool dry place.
- Place in fridge art least over night, but 24 hrs is better.
- Let meat sit outside of fridge for about 2 hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 205. cut onions, garlic, and jalapeños (I cut 2 into slices and diced 2. I also kept the seeds but you can remove them as well) store veggies in fridge for later.
- Place in glass baking dish or if using aluminum pan, coat pan in aluminum foil before putting meat in..
- Pour half the liquid smoke over meat followed by enough Dr pepper to cover half of meat. add remaining rub mix. then cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Cook for 10 hours, flipping halfway through, removing excess liquid, then recovering in foil before placing back in oven..
- Once it is cooked, the bone should fall right off the meat… remove liquid from pan and cover for 30 minutes. then place the meat in a mixing bowl and shred, removing excess fat as needed. (also remove any fat remaining in baking dish).
- Add jalapeños, garlic, remainder of liquid smoke, and BBQ sauce, and mix together. place back in oven uncovered for another 45 minutes..
- Remove from oven, add onions, mix together, and serve.
Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork. Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic. This Easy Pork Roast In Oven Recipe is a great way to get falling apart pulled pork the old fashioned way.