Iraqi vegetarian Dolma. This is my take on the Middle Eastern Vegetarian Dolma or stuffed vegetables, a fantastic dish that brings the whole family around the table. Using only simple ingredients, you can cook a meal that is nutritious, delicious and filling. Although it is suitable for those on a vegetarian or vegan diet, meat lovers will also go for it.
The blend of the spices coupled with the tartness of the lemon makes it out of this world. This recipe has been passed down in my family for many years. How to make Vegetarian Dolma Assyrian Dishes Dolma ( Assyrian Food) Assyrian Food, Assyrian Recipes, Assyrian Cooking دولمه، دولمه الخضراوات، دولمه ورق عنب،. You can cook Iraqi vegetarian Dolma using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Iraqi vegetarian Dolma
- You need of Rice.
- It’s leaves of Grape.
- It’s of spices include carry,cumin, turmeric, black pepper, cardamon, lemon salt, salt garlic powder.
- Prepare of lemon liquid.
- You need of chick peas (optional).
- Prepare of potato.
- You need of onion.
- You need of tomato.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of celery.
- You need of dill (optional 1 spoon).
- You need of broad beans.
Iraqi vegetarian Dolma I used different pictures some are not mine but most are mine just to make it clearer. Quantity and times may need to be varied. In Turkey: There are two main dolma categories in Turkey; the ones that are filled with chopped meat, onions, rice, oil and spices, and the ones that are meatless. It's usually served with a yogurt-based sauce.
Iraqi vegetarian Dolma step by step
- Chop the onion, the potato and the celery and then add them to the rice(amount of rice is optional I use 3 cups).Then add all the spices, lemon liquid and check peas to the rice.
- Finally blend the tomato and make sure you remove all the tomato peel before blending it with some water. Then add the tomato liquid to the mixture. Finally add olive oil to the mixture(5 spoon).
- Finally stuff the mixture into the leaves grape. Do it exactly like picture and make sure you put the rice on the face leave which has veins not the other face. put broad beans under the stuffed leaves..
- This how it looks after putting in the bowl. Finally you need to add a mixture of tomato some spices and olive oil but no salt (because we don’t want it too salty) to water (1 big glass) and add to the bowel and the start cooking on quite fire..
- It should be like this picture or similar 👍🏻😍.
In Azerbaijan: They usually include lamb or a mixture of lamb and beef in the filling as well as rice and leek. They use cabbage or grape leaves as well as eggplants. Remove the stuffed vegetables, or dolma, from the pot and transfer to a large platter. These recipes have been handed down through many generations,from grandmothers to mothers to daughters. I encourage you to try the recipes on the blog.