Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
Classic oatmeal cookies involve LOTS of brown sugar and butter. We started by playing with different ways to sweeten the cookies, as well as using part coconut oil and part butter. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples, and raisins, and there's some honey to make sure that each one tastes like a treat. You can cook Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- You need 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
Healthy cookies can be tricky to figure out, and this one was no exception. It went through rounds and rounds of testing. Healthy Oatmeal Cookies – easy, stir-together healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that taste SO GOOD, they are truly miraculous! These vegan oatmeal cookies are dense, hearty, thick.
Healthy oatmeal cookies instructions
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
Oatmeal Cookies No Butter No Sugar Recipes. Healthy Happy Banana Oatmeal CookiesHome Cooked Vegan. While I love a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, sometimes I'm looking for a cleaner alternative that isn't loaded with sugar, butter and flour. Moist oatmeal cookies are given a healthier and tastier boost with whole wheat flour, rolled oats My family loves these oatmeal cookies, and with my made-over version, they are a great way to sneak. All these oatmeal cookies are equally amazing in flavors and excellent HEALTHY sweet treat for all family to enjoy… including occasional visitors and house guests.