Shrimp/Sausage Boil. Bring an easy-to-share platter of this favorite low-country recipe to the table and everyone will be impressed. We call for smoked kielbasa or andouille sausage for this seafood boil since it's already cooked, that way you only have to worry about cooking until the shrimp is done without worrying about overcooked shrimp. Toss in the lemon halves last to squeeze over the shrimp and sausage boil.
Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. This classic shrimp boil contains fresh shrimp, potatoes, corn and sausage, all boiled in a flavorful broth. A complete meal in one pot that's perfect for feeding a crowd! You can cook Shrimp/Sausage Boil using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp/Sausage Boil
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp (clean/no tail).
- You need 4 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Old Bay.
- Prepare 2 cups of melted butter.
- You need 1 of sausage package.
- You need 1 lb of small red potatoes.
- Prepare 3 of corn husks (or 6 small frozen husks).
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Lemon garnish/juice (optional).
- Prepare of Parsley.
Shrimp is always a quick and easy meal option, whether it's grilled shrimp skewers , shrimp pasta or this impressive looking shrimp boil. Add olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Heat a large pot of water over an outdoor cooker, or medium-high heat indoors. Add Old Bay Seasoning to taste, and bring to a boil.
Shrimp/Sausage Boil instructions
- Cut the corn in 4s and the potatoes. Bring to boil until ready. (You can also just boil them and then cut them afterwards)..
- Cut sausage and place to the side..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the following into a bowl: corn, potatoes, sausages, and uncooked shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add one cup of melted butter. Add 2 Tblespoon of Old Bay. Mix together. Add mixture to pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees and for 30 minutes or until shrimp is cooked (pink).
- Once out the oven add the remaining Old Bay and melted butter. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges. Enjoy!.
Take a trip to Louisiana with this incredibly delicious shrimp boil. Smoked sausage, potatoes, celery, yellow onions, and corn on the cob with Zatarain's Complete Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil make the ultimate New Orleans flavored feast. Add shrimp or crab boil and Old Bay Seasoning; reduce heat. Add potatoes, a few at a time, allowing water to continue simmering. I hope you all enjoy this delicious recipe!!!