Mike's 35 Second Poached Eggs. Pictured are poached eggs nested upon thick – pan seared Canadian Bacon slices. This simple dish is also garnished lightly with paprika, fresh parsley, whole peppercorns, fresh cracked black pepper, sea salt and a very light hollandaise sauce. See great recipes for Smoked Ham & Minted Pea Crumpet Stack with Poached Egg too!
I can poach two eggs using this method faster than the bread takes to toast. Because it cooks using the microwaves plus the heated water, there's a two way cooking process. As a scientist I decided to research this claim and there is quite a lot of truth to Vince's claim. You can cook Mike's 35 Second Poached Eggs using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's 35 Second Poached Eggs
- You need of Poached Eggs.
- Prepare of Fresh Eggs [room temp].
- You need of White Vinager.
- It’s of Boiling Water.
- It’s of Kitchen Equipment.
- It’s of Ramakins [as pictured] Or Coffee Cups [with lids or stretch wrap].
- It’s 1 of Microwave.
- Prepare 1 of Teapot.
What a combo! (PP) Contains product placement. How to poach an egg is one of life's little tricks which. How To Cook A Russian Salmon Coulibiac. Great for making eggs benedict or an open-faced sandwich!
Mike's 35 Second Poached Eggs step by step
- Boil water on high in a teapot..
- Pour 2" boiling water into your small ramakin or coffee mug [or at least half way up] and add 1/4 teaspoon vinager..
- Drop one or two [two may take a few seconds longer] room temperature eggs into your ramakin and microwave covered for 30 to 35 seconds – depending upon your microwave strength. Pull egg[s] from ramakin with a slotted spoon, gently shake off any excess water and plate immediately as you desire. Since not all microwaves are created equal, sacrifice one or two eggs for testing purposes before you begin your actual prep cooking..
- Rinse ramakins or mugs if re-using them & start over again as needed..
- If making eggs for more than a few, poach your eggs then drop them immediately into an ice water bath. Leave them in there until ready to serve. When ready, using a slotted spoon – gently pick up eggs from ice and dip them into some hot water for a few seconds. Again, easy peasy!.
With our microwave egg cooker, you can prepare one to four healthy eggs quickly and easily. Cher also warns amateur chefs that there is not a hard-and-fast cooking time for poached eggs as every saucepan is different. With their silky yolks acting as the perfect sauce, they can really amp up your Buddha bowls, salads, and even some soups. Poaching an egg sounds easy in theory: You bring water to a simmer, add a splash of vinegar, create a whirlpool, and carefully drop your egg into the center. CRACK one egg into the Ceramic Egg Cooker.