Oven Baked Pulled Pork with Apple Cider BBQ Sauce. Show Your Food What It's Missing With The Perfect Balance Of Flavor & Spice. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven. Mix the dry rub ingredients in small bowl.
The meat is so tender that it shreds effortlessly and the flavor is unreal! High returns for minimal effort, pork is rubbed with a secret spice mix, slow cooked until the meat pulls apart effortlessly then tossed in a simple-yet-flavour-loaded homemade BBQ Sauce. Pulled pork made in a slow cooker with apple cider. You can have Oven Baked Pulled Pork with Apple Cider BBQ Sauce using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Pulled Pork with Apple Cider BBQ Sauce
- Prepare of Rub.
- Prepare 7 lb of Pork sholder.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cayenne.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Dry Mustard.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of Salt.
- You need 2 of liquid smoke.
- Prepare of BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Yellow or Brown Mustard.
- It’s 2 cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 2 cup of Packed Brown Sugar.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic Crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Molasses.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cayenne.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s of To Serve.
- It’s 16 of Hoagie or Hamburger Buns.
One of the best and easiest pulled pork recipes I've ever used. Serve in a sandwich, or as desired. Once again, the apple cider rocked it. This slow cooker apple cider pulled pork turned out amazing!!!
Oven Baked Pulled Pork with Apple Cider BBQ Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- For Rub.
- Mix all the rub ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put Rub on Pork shoulder make sure to coat it good all over.
- Put Pork Shoulder in a Dutch oven and put in oven for 6 hours or until internal temp is between 170 to 180°F with thermometer.
- While Pork shoulder is baking Using Crock pot mix all the sauce ingredients in Crock Pot and turn on low stirring occasionally.
- When Pork shoulder is done using two forks seperate meat into shreds and put in crock pot stir it in well.
- Then let it sit on warm for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Then serve on Hoagie buns or Hamburger Buns with Creamy Coleslaw recipe also posted by me.
- Footnote add drippings and fat with rub to the sauce with the meat adds to the flavor only thing don't use is the bone from the shoulder.
- I will sometimes soak pork shoulder overnight with liquid smoke and water in large pot.
I loved the sweet apple flavor mixed with all of those spices on the pork. And the apple cider vinegar and onions gave it just enough of a savory cut to balance things out. See great recipes for Oven Baked Pulled Pork with Apple Cider BBQ Sauce too! Pour in the apple cider vinegar and the chicken broth. Return the pork to the pot.