Sausage and Rice Casserole. Now Choose From Multiple Easy & Delicious Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. The pepper portion of this sausage and rice casserole. Dried basil and red pepper flakes are give Italian flavor and a touch of heat.
Anybody that's been here a while knows about my love affair with rice. Easy Sausage and Rice Casserole is simple to make and big on flavor! Sausage, rice, celery, and onions all baked in a creamy sauce and the result will wow the entire family! You can have Sausage and Rice Casserole using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Rice Casserole
- You need 1 lb of ground sausage.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- It’s 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of or 8 oz. fresh mushrooms.
Course Dinner, Main Course In a skillet, brown sausage and drain grease. Stir in rice, onion, garlic and peppers. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Brown sausage in frying pan and pour off grease.
Sausage and Rice Casserole instructions
- Cook rice per directions.
- Brown sausage with mushrooms.
- Mix ½ of cheese and cream of mushroom over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Mix cooked sausage with soup.
- Stir in cooked rice.
- Pour into casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Cook @350 for 20 minutes.
Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper to sausage and simmer until tender. In bowl combine rice and soups and then add cooked ingredients. Sausage and Rice Casserole, you'll need these ingredients. … Cook your rice according to the directions on your package. Place the cooked rice in a large mixing bowl and set aside for now. In the sausage drippings, saute celery, onion, peppers and mushrooms until lightly browned; transfer to prepared dish.