My Second Beetroot Soup (Vegan). Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. Add carrots, beets, potatoes, and cabbage, stirring to combine. My vegan borscht is made with not only beets, but also cabbage, carrots and potatoes.
Beet greens vegetable soup was one of my favourite soups when I was growing up in Poland. It tasted tangy but also a little earthy, more so than beetroot soup (which does not contain beet greens). I loved the mixture of leafy 'bits', cubed root vegetables and herbs. You can have My Second Beetroot Soup (Vegan) using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Second Beetroot Soup (Vegan)
- Prepare of Generous amount of fresh dill.
- Prepare of Generous amount of colorful peppercorns.
- It’s 2 of beets.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of veggies soup cubes.
- It’s 6 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 100 g of colorful kidney beans, soaked in water a day before.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 5 of bay leaves.
Mainly parsley and dill, the most widely used herbs in Polish cuisine. Add grated beets, carrots and diced tomatoes. Healthy Blender Beet Borscht Soup The first post I ever published on Nutrition in the Kitch was borscht, my Baba's Borscht. Heat oil in medium pot over medium heat.
My Second Beetroot Soup (Vegan) instructions
- Soak the beans one day before in water. Start cooking the beans in 1-2 liters of water, add salt. Check the beans regularly, if they are soft, add the peeled, shredded beetroots. Add the bay leaves, soup cubes, salt, peppercorns and let it boil. A bit later add the garlic cloves and the ketchup. I suggest to eat it with more fresh ketchup on top and white bread and fresh chives.
Add water, lentils, beets (save a little for fresh garnish) salt and cumin. My daughter, on the other hand, is like me, a little more cautious. Which brings me to this soup, because she can really be quite picky with cooked beetroot (raw and fermented is fine though). However, this Beetroot, Coconut and Ginger soup has such a beautiful, velvety flavour that has been enough for her to accept it in its cooked form. It's a Slow Cooker Borscht time.