Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage. .sausage, chicken thighs, sweet peppers, red onions and Yukon Gold potatoes are doused in olive oil and tossed with dried herbs before hitting a very hot oven. Bake all for an hour, finish with Italian parsley, then sit back and enjoy one of the most beautiful and delicious roasted dishes of all time. Whether you're serving your family or special guests, this comforting entree hits the spot on cold winter nights.
Bowties with Italian Sausage in a Cream Basil SauceJohnsonville Sausage. Here's a tasty recipe you should try. It's also pretty easy to make! You can cook Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage
- Prepare 4 pounds of chicken thighs (boneless / skinless).
- Prepare 1 pack of hot or sweet Italian sausage (you can use the large family pack).
- Prepare 2 of yellow onions (cut into wedges).
- You need 1 of large green pepper (or your choice of red,yellow…..) cut into strips.
- It’s 4 of large red potatoes, cut into wedges.
- You need of Baby carrots (about half of bag or less) or you can throw in the 1 pound bag.
- Prepare 4 of heaping tablespoons Italian seasoning.
- It’s 4 of heaping tablespoons garlic powder (or use fresh crushed garlic), if your using fresh garlic, mince ALOT.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Sprinkle of black pepper.
Juicy roasted Italian sausage, chicken thighs, peppers, mushrooms and fresh Italian. The Italian roasted chicken thighs become so tender, when you eat the chicken as a full bite with some of those veggies, it melts in your mouth. Sometimes I included Italian sausage, sometimes I didn't. I threw them in raw and they cooked away, swimming in those great flavors.
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Hot Italian Sausage step by step
- Rinse chicken thighs in cold water and place in a very large baking dish…….
- Cut up : onions, green pepper, potatoes, and place in baking dish with the baby carrots surrounding the chicken thighs…..
- Cut up your Italian sausages in half and place on top of the chicken and the veggies…….
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients: Italian seasoning, garlic powder or fresh crushed garlic, black pepper…..
- Pour your can of chicken broth into the baking dish….. You can also use low sodium chicken broth for this recipe……
- Cover. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 45 min……
- Uncover baking pan and increase oven temperature to 500 degrees….. You’ll be making the sausages nice and crispy and any excess liquid in the baking pan will evaporate..
- Cook at 500 degrees for 20 min…….
- Remove from oven and enjoy ! 😋.
This delicious oven baked Italian sausage is the easiest dinner ever! You'll always want to have some Italian sausages in the freezer for a busy weeknight! Due to our just-in-time sourcing model, we may have to send you a substitute ingredient. Add Italian sausage to hot pan. Homemade hot Italian fennel sausage isn't a chore Lightly browned and crumbled, this pork sausage makes a terrific topping for pizza or an addition to a rustic pasta dish.