Oven Fried Green Tomatoes. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk together the buttermilk and egg. Layer oven-fried green tomatoes with slices of fresh mozzarella and torn basil leaves dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and seasoned with sea salt for a creative take on a Caprese salad.
Stir in the salt and pepper. Coat the sliced tomatoes with flour and place them in the pan. Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe – Enjoy ultra-crispy, tangy fried green tomatoes with less oil and less mess by baking in the oven! You can cook Oven Fried Green Tomatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Green Tomatoes
- It’s 4 of Green Tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs.
Our healthier oven baked fried green tomatoes recipe is also easy to make gluten-free. When summer arrives I've only got one thing on my mind… Crispy on the outside, soft and tangy on the inside, fried green tomatoes dunked in creamy dressing. Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl. Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs and salt and pepper on another plate.
Oven Fried Green Tomatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Slice tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices..
- Set out three bowls. In the first bowl, mix flour, 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, and cajun seasoning. In the second, mix egg, milk, and 1 teaspoon of salt. In the third, mix the panko, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch..
- Dredge each slice liberally in the flour mixture, then the milk mixture, then the panko mixture..
- Place dredged slices on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes. Then, flip each slice and bake for an additional 12 minutes..
Sliced tomatoes are coated in a yummy mixture of cornmeal, Parmesan, and savory spices, then popped in the oven until crisp and golden. Baking instead of frying slashes a bunch of calories while retaining amazing flavor. How To Make Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes. I only used two green tomatoes for this recipes. You will first dredge the tomato slices in flour, then they swim through egg whites and lastly they are covered in a mixture of Panko Japanese bread crumbs and spices.