Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby. Put the butter in a large, ovenproof, nonstick saute pan and place in the oven. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, flour, warm milk, sugar, vanilla. Dutch Baby Puff Pancake is like magic in the oven.
Made from a simple batter of flour, eggs, and milk, Dutch baby pancakes can be sweet or savory , but they never include yeast or baking powder. This classic breakfast is always a huge hit at our house! We love a good classic breakfast at our house. You can have Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of optional drizzle.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
Try this Breakfast Casserole, Belgian Waffles, or these Mini Puffed Oven Pancakes for a breakfast the family won't be able to get enough of! Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and immediately pour the batter into the center. The Dutch baby will puff up in the center and the edges will be dark and crispy. Serve warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby instructions
- Place butter in large oven-proof skillet and place in oven. Preheat oven to 400°..
- When oven is hot and butter is melted, swirl butter around pan so it is nicely covered..
- Whisk together milk, eggs, flour, and salt. Mix well. Pour into pan and bake 24-28 minutes, or until golden and puffy and center is slightly crispy. Cut into wedges to serve..
- For optional drizzle… whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice..
- One kiddo ate it topped with hot cinnamon apples. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/463437-hot-cinnamon-apples.
Dutch baby pancakes, with their impressive puff and dusting of powdered sugar, are fancy-seeming dishes but deceptively simple. The batter, which can be mixed up in advance, is just eggs, milk, sugar, flour, a splash of vanilla, and a pinch of salt. The big advantage of these creations is that they're perfect for parties, cooking while you mix up a batch of mimosas for your guests. Dutch Babies II "They are warm and light, yet very filling. Great on cold mornings." Skillet Strawberry Pancake.