Spam Fried Rice. There are different kinds of fried rice recipes, and one of the best ones is made with spam. Garnish as desired with additional green onion. Absolutely the Best Spam Fried Rice.
Spam fried rice is a great, economical meal that makes a great weeknight dinner! Friends, my kids have been obsessed with take out lately. I think it's because I've been kind of obsessed with not getting take out. You can have Spam Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spam Fried Rice
- You need 1 can of spam.
- You need 2 cups of day old white rice.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need of Green onions (garnish).
- Prepare of Sesame seeds (garnish).
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- It’s 2-3 of bella mushrooms.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of sake (or white wine).
- It’s of Olive oil (or other cooking oils).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
When those little cubes of spam hit a hot greased wok and start getting delightfully crisp, and you add a handful of veggies, rice, and a few dashes of soy sauce and fish sauce-the tables turn. Spam is transformed into delicious Spam Fried Rice! I don't think I need to say more. Spam fried rice is a common snack or meal in Hawaii.
Spam Fried Rice step by step
- Set wok to medium high heat then apply 1 tbsp of oil. Crack and beat 4 eggs in a bowl, apply a pinch of salt, and pour onto hot wok. Lightly scrambled eggs and set aside when done..
- Dice vegetables and spam (the smaller the cuts the easier it is to fry and the more appealing the dish will appear). Set aside..
- Mix soy sauce, sake, and sugar into a separate bowl and set aside..
- Heat wok to medium high heat and apply 2 tbps oil. Apply spam and cook about 3/4 of the way thru then put in the garlic and stir. After the garlic becomes translucent, apply onions, mushrooms and carrots and stir fry for 1-2 minutes..
- Apply rice and soy sauce mixture and continue to stir fry for 1 minute..
- Apply eggs and chop thoroughly into fried rice. Stir fry to desired texture and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Remove from heat. Apply garnishes if desired and serve..
The addition of Spam gives fried rice a salty kick. Recipe courtesy of Cecily Wong, author of Diamond Head. Combine leftover rice, egg and sesame oil in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with hand and set aside. The Evolution of Spam Fried Rice – Definitely a Journey of Love.