Chinese wonton. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton. Fold skin over to form a triangle, sealing edges. Pinch the two long outside points together.
I've learnt so much about authentic Chinese cooking from Maggie who was born and raised in China and only recently. Wonton strips, deep-fried strips made from wonton wrappers and served with hot mustard and/or dipping sauce, are a common complimentary appetizer in American-style Chinese restaurants. They are an appetizer and come with a pinkish-red Chinese sweet and sour dipping sauce. You can have Chinese wonton using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese wonton
- You need 200 gram of flour.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 50 ml of warm water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curd.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of finely chopped carrot.
- Prepare 1 of finely chopped bell pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped cabbage.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of vinagar.
- It’s 1 tsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Everyone loves them because they are so crispy, delicious and the sweet and sour sauce makes them even more appetizing. Chinese vegetables add flavor to this easy fried wonton recipe for wonton wrappers filled with ground pork and seasonings, which are then deep-fried. The best thing with fried wontons is that you can put practically anything inside the wrapper—traditional Asian flavors or even Hispanic or Italian flavors or ingredients for an eclectic twist. Chinese Wonton, so delicious and here we have a recipe which I've made very easy for you, showing you step by step how to make the filling and wrap the wonton to make little parcels.
Chinese wonton step by step
- For outer covering add flour,oil,curd and salt and make a dough using warm water and keep aside.
- Now in a pan add oil and all veggies,sauces,black pepper and saute it to make filling.
- Now take a ball from dough and fill it with filling and give a shape of wonton.
- Start frying in low medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve hot with salsa sauce and enjoy.
If any of you have been to a Chinese restaurant, you have most likely seen this Wonton dish. Wontons are one of the most popular snacks in Chinese cuisine. There are many different ways to cook with wontons including deep-fried wontons, wonton soup, and Sichuan red oil wontons. But, not only are there many ways to cook wontons, there are also many ways in which you can make the wonton wrappers as well. How To Make Chinese Fried Wontons – Step By Step.