Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin. Brussels Sprouts are one of our favorite veggies, in spite of the fact that they don't have the best reputation. We typically chalk up people's distaste for. This stuff is creamy and cheesy AND topped with bacon??
This baked brussel sprouts gratin recipe is the easiest ways to enjoy brussel sprouts. They are baked in cream and cheese sauce until hot and Not only are brussel sprouts packed with fiber, but this cheesy brussel sprouts recipe is low carb and keto friendly! Feel free to add bits of bacon, sliced. You can have Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- It’s 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
How to make brussels sprouts gratin. Love Brussels sprouts and love that this can be made the day before. Might add some crispy bacon bits to the topping before baking. Brussels sprouts are smothered and covered in bacon and cream, then baked to perfection.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
Brussels Sprouts Gratin are roasted until crisp, then topped with a light cheese sauce made with Gruyere and Parmesan – the perfect Holiday dish! Keywords: Best Brussels Sprouts recipe, Brussel Sprouts, Brussel Sprouts Gratin, Brussels Sprouts Gratin, Roasted Brussels Sprouts. A lot of people seem to fear brussels sprouts, but that's just silly! If you've never been a fan of this veggie before Who can resist bacon brussels sprouts when sprinkled with SO MUCH CHEESE? The creamy sauce inside of this brussels sprouts au gratin is.