Mike's 60 Second Sponge Cake. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Open a chilled can of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail. Or, a can of chilled Del Monte Pears in their own natural sweetened juices.
Or, a can of chilled Del Monte Pears in their own natural sweetened juices. Spoon fruit over cakes and generously drizzle their juices over the tops. The consistency of the cake should be cakey AND gooey. You can have Mike's 60 Second Sponge Cake using 30 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's 60 Second Sponge Cake
- It’s of Microwave Sponge Cake.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Whole Milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Melted Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Regular Sugar.
- It’s 1 medium of Fresh Egg.
- It’s of Kitchen Equipment.
- It’s of Ramakins [3" deep – 3" width].
- It’s of Butter Spray Or Olive Oil Spray.
- Prepare of Cling Wrap.
- It’s of Toothpicks.
- You need 1 medium of Mixing Bowl.
- You need 1 of Whisk.
- You need of Options.
- It’s of Strawberries.
- You need of Cooked Apples With Brown Sugar & Cinnamon.
- It’s of Raspberries.
- Prepare of Blueberries.
- It’s of Pineapple.
- Prepare of Bananas.
- It’s of Oranges.
- Prepare of Mango.
- Prepare of Kiwi.
- You need of Honey.
- It’s of Ice Cream.
- Prepare of Cool Whip.
- It’s of Chilled Canned Fruit.
- Prepare of High End Quality Jams.
It all depends on your microwave! I made it in two different microwaves over the weekend. Madeira cake is a firm sponge cake which is ideal for using when shaping or layering tiers. It has a dense consistency and is really tasty.
Mike's 60 Second Sponge Cake instructions
- ° Mix everything in the Microwave Sponge Cake section with whisk. ° Leave no lumps..
- Spray your ramakins with an olive oil or butter spray..
- ° Fill ramakins 1/2 way to their tops. ° Cover ramakins tightly with cling wrap. ° Poke 4 holes in the cling wrap with a toothpick..
- ° One ramakin at a time – microwave each cake for 55 to 60 seconds. ° Check at 50 seconds on your first try. ° 55 seconds consistently does the trick for me in a newer 1100 watt microwave..
- ° While sponge cake is still warm, using the blade of a butter knife – gently pull cake from your ramakins sides. ° Turn ramakins over and gently release your cakes on to a plate and allow them to cool covered with cling wrap. These cakes will dry out quickly if not covered..
- Break these cakes up in pieces or dish your cakes up any way YOU desire. Get creative!.
- ° You can use a self rising flour but know it will create a smoother cake finish [see last photo below] than the AP flour would. It's the AP flour that gives this cake it's spongy look. However, the absorbency and sweet taste are ultimately identical with self rising. ° If choosing to use a larger ramakin as pictured below, you'll need to microwave for about 90 seconds + until cake is done..
- ° If you're interested in the Strawberry Shortcake and sauce pictured above: It's 10 large crushed strawberries, water [as needed], Sugar In The Raw or sugar [to taste] and 1/4 tsp lemon zest. ° There's also a large dollop of high end – quality Strawberry Jam at the base of each glass. ° Mix 1 tablespoon corn starch + 1 teaspoon water very well and add it to your simmering strawberries to thicken your sauce – if desired. ° Drizzle sauce over sponge cake. ° Add sliced fresh strawberries and Cool Whip to taste..
- Enjoy! ..
This is feather light, very easy, super tasty cornflour sponge. Spread your favorite jam, apply whipped cream sandwich together sponges for quick and tasty treat. Sticky toffee pudding is a British dessert composed of a moist date-based sponge cake, fully covered with a toffee sauce. It is traditionally served with vanilla ice-cream or vanilla custard. This modern classic English delicacy is known as sticky date pudding in Australia as well as New Zealand What is the origin of sticky toffee pudding?