Italian oatmeal bread. fluffy bread bakes up beautifully in one pan. It's flavorful and easy to bring on the go to potlucks and church suppers. Oatmeal bread is a wonderful way to add nutrition and texture to morning toast, a favorite sandwich, or an accompaniment to a hearty soup.
This is a fine textured bread if the oatmeal is allowed to soak for the full hour. A rustic, whole wheat version of Italian Bread. A rustic, whole wheat version of Italian Bread. You can cook Italian oatmeal bread using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian oatmeal bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of plan yogurt.
- Prepare 1 cup of ground old fashioned oatmeal.
- You need 1/4 cup of rolled oatmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
Posted for a request, but I haven't made it myself. Italian bread is moist and has thin and crisp crust. Its center is fluffy or light and outside is extra Italians developed broad range of breads over centuries and various ancient types are produced on. — Bernard Clayton, New Complete Book of Breads. Put the oats into a bowl.
Italian oatmeal bread step by step
- Mix the yogurt with the ground oatmeal and the baking powder it will be sticky dough.
- Using parchment paper Sprinkle some of the rolled oatmeal on it with spoon spread the sticky dough as you want I shape it as a square and then using Spread more oatmeal on top and Italian seasoning.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes at 400 f enjoy.
Pour the boiling water over the oats and set aside to soak for an hour. Bread Machine Oatmeal Breakfast BreadJonesin' for Taste. Oatmeal molasses bread is a rich and tender loaf that is perfect for toast or sandwiches. I've had a few people ask for an oatmeal molasses bread recipe so I thought I'd break this good 'ol recipe out of. Make a loaf with the goodness of oats and molasses.