Chicken Mozzarella Pasta. Chicken Mozzarella Pasta One of my favorite, easiest pastas on the planet. Stir chunks of fresh mozzarella into the finished sauce and by the time you serve, it's nice and soft and melty. Stir until the onions and garlic are mixed in, then add the chicken back to the skillet.
I am a huge fan of pasta, and some of the most popular pasta recipes on this site include this chicken mozzarella pasta that you are. Use these items to make your own Chicken Mozzarella Pasta – skillet, sun-dried tomatoes, and slotted spoon. How to Make Chicken Mozzarella Pasta. You can cook Chicken Mozzarella Pasta using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large zucchini, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp. of each sugar, dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- You need 2 of heaping cups chopped spinach.
- It’s of Pasta:.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Penne pasta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shaved parmesan cheese.
- You need 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite sized cubes.
I like to add whatever whole wheat, bite-size pasta I have on hand. Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta and the parmesan cheese, stir everything until the pasta is coated with the buttery pesto sauce and the chicken is evenly dispersed throughout the pasta. Add the mozzarella cheese over the pasta.
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta instructions
- Start by cooking the zucchini and getting the sauce ready. In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Cook the zucchini coins until they are just tender, then remove them to a plate and set them aside. If needed, add a bit more oil to the pot, then add the onion with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until they have softened up. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then pour in the crushed tomatoes and stir in the sugar and seasonings..
- Once the sauce begins to simmer, lower the heat and let it bubble gently. Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Once it boils, cook the penne pasta according to the package directions. Once the pasta is done, drain it, then return it to the pot and toss lightly with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle the shaved parmesan over the pasta and set it aside..
- While your waiting on the pasta water to come to a boil, start the chicken. In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil over med-high heat. Once it's hot, add the chicken to the skillet and season it with salt and pepper. Cook until it's all browned and completely cooked through. Then place your chicken over top of the pasta..
- Last, stir the spinach into the simmering sauce. Once it wilts down, stir the zucchini and mozzarella cheese cubes into it. Stir gently until the mozzarella begins to soften. Before it completely melts, remove the sauce from the heat and pour it over top of the chicken and pasta. Then serve..
Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir chicken around to brown on all sides. Place chicken on grill over medium heat.