Mike's Asian Orange Ginger Slaw. Mike's Asian Orange Ginger Slaw There are a million different things you can do with this recipe but I'm forced to leave it as simplistic as I can due to family preference & allergies. This Asian inspired chilled slaw recipe is so light, refreshing, simple & so delicious – it literally smacks of Springtime with its distinctive orange and ginger. It will lose some crispness over time, so the sooner you eat it, the better!
You cannot freeze this Asian coleslaw, you must enjoy it fresh. Slaw: Shredded cabbage, red onions, cilantro, and lime juice are the perfect mixture to creating a fresh touch to these tacos. You can use a bag of coleslaw mix to make the slaw or shred the cabbage yourself, which is a money saver! You can cook Mike's Asian Orange Ginger Slaw using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Asian Orange Ginger Slaw
- It’s of Asian Slaw.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 large of Bag Mixed Slaw Mix [or, chop your own].
- Prepare 3 1/2 tsp of Orange Zest [packed].
- It’s 1 large of Orange [fully juiced].
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Minced Ginger [packed].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need of Kitchen. Equipment.
- Prepare 1 of Blender.
- Prepare 1 of Food Processer.
- Prepare 1 large of Mixing Bowl.
- It’s of Garnishments & Options.
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need of Fresh Chives.
- Prepare of Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of Black Ground Pepper.
- You need of Radishes [shredded].
- Prepare of Carrots [shredded].
- You need of Fresh Cilantro.
Chipotle Sauce: This creamy, spicy sauce is a delicious finishing touch to these tacos. Great recipe for Mike's Chicken Yakatori & Chilled Asian Ginger Slaw. My wife is currently sick as a dog with a terrible head and chest cold. Anyway, with that, I'm told to always feed a cold and starve the flu.
Mike's Asian Orange Ginger Slaw step by step
- Mix everything together in the Asian slaw section except for the bagged vegetables..
- Blend in a blender for just a few moments..
- Open your bag of mixed vegetables or chopped all of the vegetables you desire and place into a large bowl..
- Mix about a cup of your orange ginger mayo mixture and pour over your slaw. Mix evenly. Or, you can add more of this sauce to your preference. Save the remaining mayonnaise mixture to smear on sandwiches, fish or even meats. If you need to thicken this mixture up for those, simply add more mayonnaise and mix..
- Allow your Asian Coleslaw to chill in the fridge and serve it to the side of just about any main dish you care to. If taking this to a barbecue or picinic, garnish with orange and ginger slices if you possibly can. This will afford your guests a bit of insight into your dish without them having to ask. Enjoy!.
So here's the hot and incredibly flavorful dish I. It's so easy to slice veggies for an Asian slaw and whisk up Sesame Ginger Dressing that dinner will be ready before you know it. Sesame ginger vinaigrette tossed with colorful Asian slaw veggies like cabbage, snow peas and peppers, has got to be one of my favorite salads. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut off peel and white pith from orange.