You can cook Methi Dal using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Methi Dal
- You need 2-3 bunches of methi (fenugreek) leaves, washed & chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Prepare pinch of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of fresh red / green chilies.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sambar powder.
Methi Dal instructions
- Pressure cook the dal in 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Whisk and keep aside. Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves..
- Saute till light brown in colour. Add the chopped methi leaves and continue to fry on low flame for 10 minutes or till and leaves are completely wilted and dry..
- Add the boiled dal, salt, turmeric powder, tamarind paste, red chilli powder and sambar powder. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Serve with chapatti or plain steamed rice..