Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven). Absolutely the best oven baked BBQ rib recipe I have ever tried !!! If your ribs have a thin membrane over the bones on the backside, remove by carefully sliding a knife under membrane and then peel. Plus, when you make bbq ribs in the oven, you fill your kitchen with all of of that amazing "Come and get it!" baked baby back ribs smell.
Optional: Move an oven rack near to the top of the oven. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium high. The low temperature prevents your ribs from overcooking, shrinking and becoming sturdy. You can have Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven) using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven)
- You need of Rub.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of beef soup base (powder).
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of dehydrated onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare of Ribs.
- You need 1 of rack of pork ribs (serves 1-2).
- It’s 1 bunch of green onion chopped into chunks.
- It’s 1 cup of chives chopped into chunks.
- Prepare 1 cup of parsley chopped into chunks.
- It’s 1 large of onion quartered.
- It’s 3 tbsp of bacon fat.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of favorite/desired brand of BBQ sauce (I used Honey Garlic BBQ sauce).
- Prepare 2 oz of rhum (use 1oz for less strong alcohol taste; I used 2oz Appleton Jamaican Rum).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sriracha (or red chili sauce).
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Bistro (or favorite gravy thickener).
It's not fun to eat shrunk and hard meat, right? Remove from oven, and unwrap ribs; discard foil and drippings. How Long to Cook Ribs in the Oven. My preferred method is a low temperature for a longer period of time.
Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven) instructions
- Mix rub ingredients in a bowl grind with back of spoon or fork to break clumps.
- Coat raw pork ribs with rub, use fingers to rub into meat (wash hands well).
- Refrigerate for 6-24h.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, prepare roasting pan (with lid) and rack, add water and bacon fat, throw in rest of chopped ingredients for ribs.
- Mix ingredients for sauce except Bistro (gravy thickener) and water, refridgerate until 20 mins before ribs are ready.
- Add ribs to pan on rack, cover and place in center of oven for 2h, at at 1 hour remove rack from pan to remove cooked herbs (otherwise they'll burn) flip the ribs return rack to pan and continue cooking.
- (Set herbs aside, can be thrown into broth for soup, or add them to your rice like I did for this…).
- In the last 20 mins of cooking, turn off oven, remove ribs from oven, finish sauce: mix water and Bistro bring to boil over medium heat stirring frequently, add rest of sauce ingredients, stir and simmer until desired thickness (~10 mins).
- Baste ribs and recover with lid, replace in oven for 20 mins , baste ribs again in sauce before serving.
Get a head start by baking them the day before and refrigerating overnight. Be sure to lather it up with the homemade BBQ sauce. Oven, slow cooker or on the barbecue; pork ribs are so versatile they can be cooked either way. If you love soft, fall-off-the-bone ribs, then go for our slow cooker method. But, if you love juicy, tender and crispy ribs with caramelised edges, then this oven ribs method is for you!